IELTS, which stands for International English Language Testing System, is a globally-recognised test of English language. Many people are aware that having the right IELTS score is one way of proving that you have the English language proficiency to enter a top university, but did you know that IELTS scores are also used by governments and professional bodies for immigration and professional registration purposes? So getting the right IELTS score is important for many people for many different reasons.
You may know that you have to get a certain IELTS score in order to fulfil your work or study ambitions, and you may be working toward that goal by studying for the test. But, have you considered what some of the additional benefits are for preparing even more for the IELTS Academic test to improve your results? Here are our Top Five!
- You will get an objective assessment of your English language abilities. Maybe your friends have told you that you speak English well, or perhaps you always do well in quizzes at school. But do you really know your level? When you take an IELTS test, you will be measured against rigorous global IELTS standards.
- You will get a certification that is widely recognised. By taking an IELTS test, you will receive a test report that is recognised and accepted by thousands of institutions around the world, including companies, universities, professional bodies, and government agencies.
- You will improve your English language skills. Some students tend to favour certain skills over others. When you take an IELTS test, you are tested in all four skills, that is, Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking, so you’ll need to practise them all if you want to do well.
- You will gain a better knowledge of the English that you need. If you take the IELTS Academic test, you will become more familiar with the kind of language required for undergraduate or postgraduate study in English.
- You will be motivated to study harder because you’ll have a clear goal. It’s very easy to put off studying for another day, if you don’t have clear aims and objectives. Taking an IELTS test gives you the motivation to study hard and improve your English.
Join our team from the English Language Centre and enrol today in IELTS Academic Test Preparation to better understand the exam format, learn test-taking strategies, and advance your reading, writing and conversational English-language skills. Start your journey today to reach your goals, and get the test score you need for success.